VMware introduced additional security measures in vSphere 4.1. By default, the copy and paste feature is disabled.
To re-enable this feature:
Note: This procedure requires downtime of the virtual machine.
- Log in to vSphere Client and select the virtual machine in the inventory.
- The configuration page for this virtual machine appears with the Summary tab displayed.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click Options > Advanced > General > Configuration Parameters.
- Click Add.
- Type isolation.tools.copy.disable in the Name field and false into the Value column.
- Type isolation.tools.paste.disable in the Name field and false into the Value column.
- Power on the virtual machine.